Re: Text for la metflidjimao vedsia

No plot, Jim.  I just got a little desperate when Cowan's link went
unstable just after he volunteered.  We've had too much bad luck
with flaky support for electronic info exchange for me to let one more
good effort die out.  Some people have said that there isn't much activity
on lojban-list, and I think the best way to get some activity going is
to give people things to talk about.  With a language, I suspect that the
best things to talk about are the language itself, the problems one
encounters in using it (or trying to), and interesting insights obtaioned
from such efforts.  Your text is a handy bit of non-trivial adult
material that I can put in a non-English grammar formulation for Lojban
translation without actually doing the work of translating it myself
(and doing so easily); it is also something I want translated and is
non-trivial.

On the other hand, you were the one who surprised me a few months ago
by indicating that you were using, or planning to use LogFlash to learn
the vocabulary, so I figured that you might at least offer your own
two cents on how to re-express your Loglan tanru in Lojban.  I suspect
that is the level at which this translation-by-group-grope has got to
start.  (I say this noting that nothing has yet been posted in an
attempt yet, either by readers or by prospective moderators.  So this
is my second effort to kick this off.  Any interest, or was this just a
bad idea that no one is ready for?)

-lojbab