[lojban] {zo'e}

• [B1] {naku mi tirna su'o da}
I don't hear anything.

• [C1] {(da'o) naku mi tirna ko'a}
I don't hear [whatever it is I don't hear].

I think the equivalence should be ⟪su'o da zo'u naku mi tirna da⟫ = ⟪(da'o) naku mi tirna ko'a⟫ (as top-level sentences), i.e. with ⟪su'o da⟫ taking the topmost scope. Actually it should even scope over the illocution of the sentence (i.e. assertion, question, command…), because, as you shown in your example sentences with the interrogative illocutionary marker ⟪xu⟫, ⟪da⟫ is bound under the scope of ⟪xu⟫, unlike ⟪ko'a⟫. A better equivalence would therefore be:
⟪ca'e mi do brireisku be lo ka (ce'u) jezyje'u lo du'u do tirna ko'a
= ⟪ca'e su'o da zo'u mi do brireisku be lo ka (ce'u) jezyje'u lo du'u do tirna da

As for the interpretation of ⟪zo'e⟫ as a function as you suggested, this is reminiscent of the experimental cmavo ⟪zo'ei⟫, by the way.

—Ilmen.