Subject: Re: [lojban] soi vo'a: partial backflip

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:51:14 -0700 (PDT)

cu'u la xod.
>mi ba'e sanji le za'i da carmi nabmi .i ku'i ga'inai le do stidi
>mubycikre goi ko'a cu tolmelbi je juxre je cfipu .i .i'i .uu node
>frili cikre

*looks astonished* Really? Then I think now I'm being the naturalist, and
you the hardliner! :-)

Leaving the reference of {vo'a} to pragmatics, with a strong default,
echoes practice elsewhere in Lojban, the prehistory of {vo'a} (which used
to be completely pragmatic as to what it was the x1 of), and usage to
date. In fact, *I* don't like the proposal either, but I think it's what
people are going to keep doing. (Helsem's done this with soivo'a, and I
think so has Mark.) And since {leno'a} and {lenei} already
exist for those who want unambiguous references (remember, {leno'axiro} is
emergency-use only), I think a flexible {vo'a} is the most realistic
solution.

OK, I'll hold off on putting this on the Wiki for now. Others? John,
you've been silent on this. :-)

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias