Subject: lo'e (was: Re: [lojban] ce'u

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:44:42 +0100

>>> Jorge Llambias <[email-masked]> 08/23/01 11:55pm >>>
[...]
#I think you are right that nu is used wrong, but I don't think
#the alternative is du'u in those cases. The problem, I think, is
#as usual the quantifiers. {le nu broda} should refer to an event
#in real space-time to the same extent that {le gerku} does.
#{lo'e nu broda} is what we should use when referring to events
#that don't ca'a fasnu.

I can't really respond to this, because I don't understand lo'e.
You're the only person who purports to understand it, and you
have your own idiosyncratic story about it.

Clearly (?) if lo'e gerku actually means "the typical", i.e. "lo fadni be
tu'o ka gerku", then it won't do what you want it to. And anyway,
it'd be annoying to have 2 gadri for le/lo fadni.

Now, you tell me that lo'e gerku is the intension. To me, then, that
would be "tu'o ka ce'u zo'e gerku" or "tu'o ka ce'u ce'u gerku".
So either (a) (i) lo'e is still redundant, but at least we know what it
means, and (ii) I don't see how {tu'o ka ce'u nu} is going to solve
the erroneous {le nu}s, or (b) I still am pretty clueless about what
you think lo'e means.

--And.