Subject: Snowballs in hell was Re: mine, thine

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:29:04 -0400

On Saturday 25 August 2001 01:20, Nick NICHOLAS wrote:
li'o
> 11.15) le nu mi nolraitru
> cu me le'e snime bolci
> be vi la xel. cu'o
> The event-of me being-a-nobly-superlative-ruler
> has-the-stereotypical snow type-of-ball
> at Hell probability.
> I have a snowball's chance in Hell of being king.
li'o
> Well, live by the baseline, die by the baseline. So be it; .i ku'i lenu mi
> ba pilno lu me zo'e moi li'u cu me le'e snime bolci bevi le fabri pe la
> daptutra me'o cu'o

fabri ki'a .i do skudji zo fagri xu?

.i stidi zo ge'iNOM. seba'i zo xel.

{xel.} to me is the abode of the dead, or its deity, not specifically the 
lake of fire, which is {ge'iNOM.}. The latter word can also refer to the 
Hinnom Valley Incinerator, which wouldn't have been a good place for 
snowballs either. Using {xel.} for {ge'iNOM.} is malglico. (If anyone is 
better informed about Hel in Norse mythology, please correct me.)

As to snowballs, why not {si'erboi}, which unlike the tanru can't also mean 
"snow-covered ball" or "ball buried in the snow"?

phma