Subject: useless selmaho? (was: RE: mine, thine, hisn, hern, itsn ourn, yourn and theirn

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:29:05 +0100

Jorge:
> la pycyn cusku di'e
> 
> > > I hope not. MEX selmaho are near the top in my "Thou shalt not
> > > use" list (I'll have to put it up on the wiki one of these days).
> >
> >Which explains why you used them to perpetrate this particular abortion?
> 
> But I didn't use them! I understand by "MEX selma'o" any selma'o
> that is only used in MEX, namely: MAhO, NAhU, TEhU, VUhU, NIhE,
> MOhE, JOhI.
> 
> MOI has little to do with MEX.

Hmm.

I agree about JOhI, MAhO and NAhU, not deserving of to be learnt, and I 
would add:

FUhA
BIhE	
PEhO

But I think NIhE and MOhE (and hence TEhU) are potentially *extremely* 
useful. Had they not existed, I probably would have been agitating for
them (and persuading noone).

As for VUhU, it isn't worthwhile as a selmaho, but some of its members 
are worth having, though they could be in PA. One probably can't get
away with learning no members of VUhU (e.g. gei).

--And.