Subject: Re: [lojban] useless selmaho? (was: RE: mine, thine, hisn, hern, itsn ourn, yourn and theirn

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 23:08:14

la and cusku di'e

>I agree about JOhI, MAhO and NAhU, not deserving of to be learnt, and I
>would add:
>
>FUhA
>BIhE
>PEhO

Yes, certainly. I missed them. I also missed NUhA.

>But I think NIhE and MOhE (and hence TEhU) are potentially *extremely*
>useful. Had they not existed, I probably would have been agitating for
>them (and persuading noone).

Maybe just mo'e. What would you use ni'e for?

>As for VUhU, it isn't worthwhile as a selmaho, but some of its members
>are worth having, though they could be in PA. One probably can't get
>away with learning no members of VUhU (e.g. gei).

That's true. There are other selma'o in a similar situation.
For example, BIhI should have been in JOI, and GAhO in UI. I have
found occasions where I wanted to use GAhO in UI places.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp