Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: soi (was: RE: mine, thine, hisn, hern, itsn ourn, yourn andtheirn

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:55:49 +0100

Nick: 
> cu'u la and.
> 
> >2. How does Lojban do reciprocals? (E.g. "The children love
> >each other".) I can't find anything relevant in the Book index.
> 
> You mean, other than {simxu}? Can't think of a cmavo way...

Doh! I've just realized that when you guys were talking about
simxu, I thought you were talking about simsa.

Anyway, no I didn't mean "other than simxu". If simxu's the way
Lojban does reciprocals, then that'd be the way to do "viceversa".

tcadrlondonu ce tcadrparisu simxu tu'odu'u mi ce'u ce'u klama
"I went from London to Paris and vice versa"

or, to get closer to the English word order:

du mi noi tu'odu'u ke'a klama ce'u ce'u cu se simxu tcadrlondonu 
ce tcadrparisu 

[Who says I'm not a Great Lojban Stylist?! Would not Walter Scott
would have written that sentence had he had the opportunity to
become acquainted with Lojban....?]

--And. terpemcrndi