Subject: RE: [lojban] soi

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 19:00:20 +0100

pier:
[...]
> > It seems to me that
> > viceversa constructions can be handled by reciprocals:
> >
> > I went from London to Paris and vice versa
> > = I went from London to Paris and from Paris to London
> > = I went from each of x = {London, Paris} to each other x
[...]
> > 1. Are there things that can be said with "soi" or with "vice
> > versa" that can't be done by this reciprocal method?
> 
> John took Bill's book and vice versa. This doesn't mean "John took Bill's 
> book and Bill's book took John"; it means "John took Bill's book and Bill 
> took John's book".

AFAICS, and bearing in mind that I haven't fully grasped soi, this
sentence would be a problem for soi but not for reciprocals, i.e.
with simxu:

la djan ce la bil simxu tu'odu'u ce'u lebna le ce'u cukta

--And.