Subject: Re: Voice chat? [was Re: [lojban] New to lojban, any suggestions?]

From: Björn Gohla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 00:01:15 +0200

On Monday 13 August 2001 00:06, Jay Kominek wrote:
> FWIW, SpeakFreely has a conference mode, is free, works well, etc, etc.
> Multiplatform even. (And here I was thinking it was Unix-only...)
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to get SpeakFreely to record the calls.
> Assuming the participants didn't mind, that would be a good way to
> accumulate recordings of Lojban.

for conferecing one host needs to run the sfreflect deamon, recording 
sessions could be done by attaching an sfspeaker process to the session, with 
output set to a regular file. we would also have to agree on a parameter 
vector (.i.e compression mode, protoco, encryption).

- -- 
- --------------------
la lojban cu xamgu bangu .i ko viska la'o url. http://www.lojban.org .url 
pub 1024D/834F4976 2001-01-07 Björn Gohla (Wissenschaftler, Weltbürger) 
<[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 9FF4 FEDA CCDF DA0E 14D5 8129 6C14 3C39 834F 4976
sub 1024g/29571FE2 2001-01-07