Subject: Re: [lojban] ce'u

From: "Adam Raizen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:34:19 +0200

la and. cusku di'e

> #The ones that fasnu in the contextually-established realworld
spacetime
> #are a ca'a fasnu, a ca'a gerku, and a ca'a prenu. The ones that
merely
> #zasti in the noosphere are a ka'e fasnu, a ka'e gerku and a ka'e
> #prenu.
>
> Assuming, counterfactually, that I am happy to buy this, what is the
> difference between ka'e nu and ca'a nu? If you (and others) agree
that
> it's exactly parallel to the difference between ka'e fasnu and ca'a
fasnu
> and ka'e gerku and ca'a gerku, then I think I'll be satisfied...

Okay, I'll agree to that. A "ka'e nu" is a mental construct whereas a
"ca'a nu" actually occurs. Then when we say "le nu", we mean "le ka'e
nu" (at least when it is plausible, as in "le [ka'e] nu broda cu nibli
le [ka'e] nu brode"). This doesn't mean, however, that every
"ka'ejenaica'a broda" exists only in the noosphere, just that its
broda-ness exists only in the noosphere.

We can extend this to other abstractors: a "ka'e ka" isn't necessarily
manifested; a "ca'a ka" is manifested and is a "ca'a se ckaji". a
"ka'e du'u" isn't necessarily true; a "ca'a du'u" is true and is a
"ca'a fatci".

Maybe x2 of ka will work after all.

mu'o mi'e .adam