Subject: Re: [lojban] LALR1 question

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:24:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> Please tell me that the YACC grammar has no shift/reduce conflicts.
> Please?

I think the grammar pulls a number of funny tricks which prevent it from
having shift/reduce, by forcing it to shift. (Which is the YACC default
anyways. shift/reduce isn't all that bad, reduce/reduce is what buggers
you.)

I certainly don't recall bison complaining about any conflicts when I
compiled the official parser last week.

> Great explanation, btw.

Thanks.

(BTW: A little note that I don't feel worthy of sticking in its own
message: Yahoo! Groups added a feature that allows me access to the raw
source of the archive messages. Thus I'll be able to incorporate the
current mailing list into my archives. Right after I write some archiving
software that isn't a worthless pile of psuedo-random noise.)

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose