Subject: RE: [lojban] jboske list

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> xod:
> > If the beginners go away to beginnners, and the experts go to jboske, what
> > is supposed to remain on this list?
>
> the experts would join jboske but not leave lojban list. Discussions that
> bore the sh*t out 90% of lojban list subscribers and clog up their
> inboxes could move to jboske, and in jboske people could when Real Life
> is pressing set one or the other list nomail without losing touch
> completely. Note the hypothetical woulds & coulds.

At the very least it could become habit that arguments that erupt on the
Wiki get moved to jboske and not the general list.

-----
"It is not enough that an article is new and useful. The Constitution
never sanctioned the patenting of gadgets. [...] It was never the object
of those laws to grant a monopoly for every trifling device, every
shadow of a shade of an idea, which would naturally and spontaneously
occur to any skilled mechanic or operator in the ordinary progress of
manufactures." -- Supreme Court Justice Douglas, 1950