Subject: zo'e interps (was RE: lo'e

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 04:20:57 +0100

Adam:
> la .and. cusku di'e
> 
> > My own preferred but totally unofficial rule for zo'e
> > is that it is a variable bound by an existential quantifier with
> > maximally narrow scope, so zo'e are bound within the abstraction,
> > and hence {ro ka broda cu pa mei}.
> 
> Do you mean with maximally broad scope (i.e. the prenex of the main
> bridi, unless I don't understand narrow vs. broad scope)?

No -- maximally narrow, by which I mean: within the scope of all
overt scope-sensitive items (quantifiers, abstractions, connectives,
etc.). That way, I think, avoids nasty logical bugs and also avoids 
one saying something that actually/technically makes a stronger
claim than one wished to.

To take the particular example above, {ro ka gerku cu pa mei}
= ro ka su'o da zo'u ce'u gerku da cu pa mei. By my convention, that
is; not by any official convention.

--And.