Subject: Re: google in lojban

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:35:58 -0000

(grumble. One day I'll learn how not to let Yahoo eat my work)

--- In lojban@y..., the Edward Blevins <thedward@b...> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 05:34:43PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> > I signed up and am awaiting their decision on supporting Lojban.
> 
> They appear to have someone already working on Klingon, so I am
> hopeful. Let us know what you find out.

I seem to remember something about a Klingon tranlsation. I should
know, but I don't remember who's supposed to be working on it. I hope
it isn't me, since I don't appear to have done anything for it.

A more-or-less former advisor of mine is at Google, but I don't know
if he's involved in such decisions, so writing to him might or might
not help. Probably can't hurt.

Wow, they even have a Volap?ük version allegedly in the works! I
don't think Lojban will have any trouble getting accepted with such
things being worked on. Consider too that they have nothing to LOSE
by getting it done in a particular language. Why would they turn down
an offer for pretty much any language? (There are probably exceptions
out there... but not many)

~mark