Subject: Re: [lojban] properties vs. relationships

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 22:56:34

la adam cusku di'e

>Why is it that there is a property in the x3 of
>
> do cnino mi le ka ce'u xunre

{ko'a ckaji ko'i} is part of what {ko'a cnino ko'e ko'i} is about.

>Couldn't it just as easily be
>
> do cnino mi le ka le nu ce'u xunre cu se sanji ce'u

I suppose it could be defined like that, but then x3 of cnino,
instead of being more or less any one-ce'u property, would be
restricted to be a very special subset of 2-ce'u relationships,
those where the second argument is an evaluator or something
like that. What do we gain by complicating so much this place?

>Likewise with "ko'a pamoi lei nanmu le ka ce'u clani". Shouldn't it be
>
> ko'a pamoi lei nanmu le ka ce'u clamau ce'u

Again it is possible, but it gives to moi a far more complicated
meaning.

>Otherwise, how would you get ascending order vs. descending order?

{pamoi fi le ka clani} vs. {pamoi fi la ka tordu}.

>Maybe the short forms should be considered abbreviations of the ones
>with an explicit relationship.

I think the meaning of the selbri would be different in each case.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp