Subject: Re: Women in Lojban

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 00:46:13 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., pycyn@a... wrote:
> None of my wives have though it a sane activity -- once it was 
clear it 
> wouldn't get me p&t, and all have refused to learn any of it -- or 
even what 
> it was all about (including the present who is writing a tale about 
what it 
> is like to live with an obsessive largely on the basis of Lojban 
and me). My 
> daughter -- from age 1 on -- also stoutly refused to learn Lojban 
(an most 
> anything I else I tried to teach her, for all she did end of 
taking -- and 
> liking -- Asian Philosophy). So, despite the contributions of 
several 
> females directly or indirectly to Loglan and Lojban, it does seem 
to be a guy 
> thing. Not just a geek thing -- though predominantly so -- and my 
neighbors 
> resent the notion that geeks can't be mates, though one does find 
Lojban 
> interesting enough to stop whatever it is he is doing in 
redesigning the guts 
> of his largest computer for a chat about it and the other claims 
our 
> yammering makes him lose his place in machine coding.

i would ask, then, if you had any sons that were interested in 
lojban? or if anyone here has? i think richard curnow and lojbab 
have sons and daughters. would be interesting if perhaps the female 
in the same environment might take to lojban. as it is now, i 
unfortunately have a dim view of the weaker, stupider gender.

oh, and what's "p&t"?