Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Women in Lojban

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 02:18:57 -0400

At 12:46 AM 9/1/01 +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>i would ask, then, if you had any sons that were interested in
>lojban? or if anyone here has? i think richard curnow and lojbab
>have sons and daughters.

My kids have never shown particular interest in Lojban, and neither seems 
especially adept at learning languages (my daughter eked out a D- in first 
year Spanish last year) despite having acquired English from their native 
Russian (they both lost the Russian relatively quickly after learning 
enough English to get by).

>would be interesting if perhaps the female
>in the same environment might take to lojban. as it is now, i
>unfortunately have a dim view of the weaker, stupider gender.

I don't know if I've read all messages in this thread, so in case no one 
has mentioned it, both JCB's first wife and daughter were quite 
instrumental in the formation of Loglan. His first wife did a lot of the 
original efforts at teaching the language before they got divorced (pc may 
have more details, but I think he once offered the speculation that a lot 
more of Loglan's design came from JCB's first wife than was ever publically 
acknowledged), and his daughter Jenny showed some signs at one point of 
starting to get native speaker instincts according to JCB (she apparently 
spoke the language better than he did for a while), though as she grew 
older she almost completely lost interest though she made a couple of later 
design contributions in the 80s, including IIRC the case tags that serve 
TLI Loglan as a cross between FA and BAI. Jenny is, as far as I know, 
still on the Board of Trustees of TLI.

lojbab

--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org