Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Women in Lojban

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:45:19 +0100

My daughter is 15 months old, and hasn't uttered a convincing word of
English yet, let along Lojban!

My son is 3 years old. I don't think I've ever had enough spoken
fluency in Lojban to make a viable attempt at teaching it to him. Also,
I'm afraid I haven't the conviction to risk turning him into the subject
of a "social experiment" if it all goes horribly wrong in some way! I
think it's fine for an adult to have unusual interests and to have to
defend that fact amongst his/her peer group, but I don't know whether
it's such a good idea to inflict unusual interests and capabilities on a
pre-schooler who hasn't got any say in the matter (bullying etc being
what it is.)

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 12:46:13AM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> i would ask, then, if you had any sons that were interested in 
> lojban? or if anyone here has? i think richard curnow and lojbab 
> have sons and daughters. would be interesting if perhaps the female 
> in the same environment might take to lojban. as it is now, i 
> unfortunately have a dim view of the weaker, stupider gender.
> 

-- 
R.P.Curnow,Weston-super-Mare,UK | C++: n., An octopus made by
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ | nailing extra legs on a cat.