Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Women in Lojban

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 22:19:27 -0400

>My son is 3 years old. I don't think I've ever had enough spoken
>fluency in Lojban to make a viable attempt at teaching it to him. Also,
>I'm afraid I haven't the conviction to risk turning him into the subject
>of a "social experiment" if it all goes horribly wrong in some way! I
>think it's fine for an adult to have unusual interests and to have to
>defend that fact amongst his/her peer group, but I don't know whether
>it's such a good idea to inflict unusual interests and capabilities on a
>pre-schooler who hasn't got any say in the matter (bullying etc being
>what it is.)

But you might run into similar problems with any uncommon language - if the
kid comes to school and greets the class first in Rromani, or Maori, or
Farsi, would the result really be any different from lojban? In some
cultures, I think, a child with one of those native languages might be
bullied even more than a jbojbe - imagine a child in Eastern Europe whose
Rromani was better than the local language, for example.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74