Subject: Re: [lojban] Questions and observations about taxonomy

From: Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 00:43:14 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> Are both millipedes and centipedes clacinki?

Are either of them clacinki? Aren't there other bugs that are notably
long?

> Can anyone think of a better common name for a pigeon than {tcacpi}?

kalcycpi to zo'o toi

> Does the term {xanto} include the mammoth as well as the elephants? (asked by
> nitcion)

how far apart are they evolutionarily? since x2 references species, I'd
think that anything lo xanto has to be in the same genus or at least
family as the modern elephant. kerfa xanto lujvo'ized seems like it could
be a mammoth, though.

> What exactly does {smani} mean? (asked by me a long time ago, with no answer,
> and again by nitcion)

primate significantly below humans on the evolutionary ladder?

- Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose