Subject: Re: ctelr zei kemxasybakni

From: "Evgueni Sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:57:36 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:

> Did anyone collect vitus statistics?
> 
> phma

Vitus Jonassen Bering 1681 -1741 

Vitus Jonassen Bering was born in Horsens, Denmark in 1681. He went to 
sea as a young man and began a long career as a seaman. In 1703, 
Bering enlisted in the Russian navy. He moved to Russia, where he got 
married and had children. Apart from a single visit to Copenhagen in 
1715, Bering never saw Denmark again. 

-- from http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/bering/pages/vbering.html

For his second expedition to Kamchatka, Bering was joined by a German 
naturalist and explorer called Georg Wilhelm Steller (originally 
Stohler). 

-- from http://www.anglia.tv.co.uk/survival/bears/bears.html

I could not find other mentions of *Stohler* in the Web.

co'o mi'e .evgenis.