Subject: Re: [lojban] the set of answers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:46:10 EDT

(I've got to start doing these at 3am when I am awake (unwillingly), not at 
8pm when I am falling asleep)

In a message dated 9/4/2001 8:30:01 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >{la bab dunli la bil lo ni ce'u clano}, {la dubias frica la tclsys lo mamte
> >be ce'u}
> 
> That would require {la dubias frica la tclsys la babras}. It doesn't
> sound right to me.
> 
> The same goes for the others: {la bab dunli la bil li xapi'emu}?
> 

No, it wouldn't, any more than the {ka} requires that they differ in {le ka 
le babras mamte la dubias}. The 3rd place is a *function* -- from people to 
truth values in one case, from people to people in the other -- and dubias 
and tclsys differ precisely in that they give different value as arguments to 
these functions. So, if you accept 
{la dubias frica la tclsys lo ka makau mamte ce'u} or specifically {la dubias 
frica la tclsys le ka la babras mamte ce'u} then you have to accept {la 
dubias frica la tclsys le mamte be ce'u} on the same principle. Of course, I 
am not sure you completely accept the beginning stages of this argument.