Subject: Re: Epictetus, Discourses 1.1

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:10:12 -0700 (PDT)

An online translation (different to the Loeb translation I used, and I
think far woolier) is available at

http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/discourses.1.one.html
http://www.eremita.demon.co.uk/epictetus/epict1_1.html
http://eserver.org/philosophy/epictetus-discourses.txt

The Lojban is meant to be closer to the Greek than the English anyway (the
Mark Shoulson school of translation), so some things may strike you as odd.

Oops, btw; Zephyr is the west wind, not the south.

More prenexes there than I used to use; this indicates creeping
hardlinerism.

Thanks to Robin, mine munificent host over the weekend, for supplying the
lujvo {slupli}.

There are some ka and ce'u and whatnot in there; please comment.

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing {le'o ko na rivbi fi'inai palci je tolvri danlu}
[email-masked] -- Miguel Cervantes tr. Jorge LLambias