Subject: Re: [lojban] "ju'e" is missing from the cmavo list

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 22:54:04 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Curnow scripsit:

> pe'a, po'a turned out to be in selma'o UI. I think the old cmavo file
> had them in selma'o of their own, neither of which were referenced in
> the BNF anywhere.

They used to be brackets: pe'a meant "enable figurative language" and
po'a meant "disable figurative language". We decided to use the
normal scope rules for UI, move pe'a to UI, and free po'a.

AFAIK no further use has ever been proposed for po'a, and it is still free.
Reference: http://balance.wiw.org/~jkominek/lojban/9307/msg00023.html

> I think that when the official cmavo list is next released, the above
> points need to be checked and decisions made.

Agreed.

-- 
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan [email-masked]
Please leave your values | Check your assumptions. In fact,
at the front desk. | check your assumptions at the door.
--sign in Paris hotel | --Miles Vorkosigan