Subject: RE: [lojban] ce'u

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:56:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> Adam:
> > la .and. cusku di'e
> > > > I suppose that's a possibility, but don't true facts exist as much
> > as
> > > > events which happen? Would you take that to "fatci", i.e. that
> > there's
> > > > no distinction between a ka'e fatci and a ca'a fatci?
> > >
> > > I see a distinction between these.
> >
> > What distinction?
>
> A fatci is something that is true of the local universe. A ka'e fatci
> then is something that could be true of the local universe and a ca'a
> fatci is something that actually is true of the local universe.
> "X dies before X is born" is not a ka'e fatci. "I live in Paris" is
> a ka'e but not a ca'a fatci. "I live in London" is a ka'e and a ca'a
> fatci.

You are treading on conceptually thin ice when you categorize falsehoods
into possibles and impossibles. Such activity involves non-provable
statements.

-----
"We should destroy the Muslims' homes while leaving the Christians'
homes alone." -- Rehavam Zeevi, Israeli Tourism Minister