Subject: RE: [lojban] li'i (was: Another stab at a Record on ce'u

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:57:34 +0100

Xod:
> > But we can certainly say {mi lifri lo nu da carvi},
> 
> I experience the event that something is rain.
> 
> I suppose since carvi1 is taken, the phantom ce'u must be in other place,
> or a BAI place. But it needs to be there somewhere.

Then you would have to insert an overt ce'u, since BAI places are never
covert.

> > I don't deny that there must be an experiencer. I just
> > strongly question whether the experiencer must be involved in the
> > experience bridi.
> 
> How can I experience a bridi if I am not in one of its places?

I don't know how to answer that except by the obvious strategy of
offering you a bridi with all places filled by something other than
the experiencer, and asking if the situation described (e.g. pc's
sun setting over the lake, or my Northern Ireland conflict) is 
experienceable, and hoping that you will say Yes.

--And.