Subject: Re: [lojban] ko'a klama .isecaubo mi djuno

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 13:04:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Jorge Llambias wrote:

>
> la pier cusku di'e
>
> >I think I've figured it out. {mi claxu lo fipybirka} says that there is a
> >pectoral fin, but I don't have one (which is true; I'm not a fish).
>
> It doesn't really say that you don't have any. It says that there
> is at least one that you lack, but it says nothing about the rest
> of them. {claxu} is a tricky predicate. You could say {mi claxu
> ro fipybirka}, "every fin is such that I lack it", but it sounds
> awful. I would say {mi claxu lo'e fipybirka}...

What about {mi claxu le fipybirka}
I lack all of the subset of actual fish fins I have in mind
(where I happen to have all of them in mind)

-----
"We should destroy the Muslims' homes while leaving the Christians'
homes alone." -- Rehavam Zeevi, Israeli Tourism Minister