Subject: Re: [lojban] lujvo expander?

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:42:47 +0100

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 05:41:16AM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> is there any utility to expand all the lujvo in a text of lojban into 
> component gismu (and cmavo)? so "selsku" becomes se cusku and such. 
> while it's at it a compound cmavo expander would be nice too, 
> so "pare" becomes "pa re". this could be quite useful for people new 
> to the language. vlatai, by Richard Curnow, seems pretty close, so i 
> might look into that. if something like this doesn't exist i'd be 
> glad to do it and make it available.

Starting from version 0.36 of vlatai (i.e. the vlatai that's built when
you compile jbofihe version 0.36), there is a new command option -el to
expand lujvo. e.g.

% vlatai -el pareselsku
pareselsku : lujvo : pa re selsku [se+cusku]

Is that close enough to what you want?

-- 
R.P.Curnow,Weston-super-Mare,UK | C++: n., An octopus made by
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ | nailing extra legs on a cat.