Subject: RE: [lojban] Conlang Ethnologue entries

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:44:34 -0400

>LOJBAN (LOJBAU, JBOBAU, LOJBO) 4,500,000 in Lojbangug, 20,000 in Loglandia,
>and a few elsewhere. Loglanic, Southwest. Typology: SVOOOO, isolating,

Can be anything - OOSOVO is just as possible using FA

>polysynthetic, frequent use of terminators to disambiguate ambiguous
>constructions. 10% mutually intelligible with Loglan. National language of
>Lojbangug. Technologically advanced society in Bertcad and Xagvar;
>agricultural elsewhere. Dialects: Bertcad, Xagvar, Plisyfold, Bakcag,
>Cardang. Language use is vigorous. Bible portions.

Which dialect name goes with which pronunciation and location?

>LOGLAN 400,000 in Loglandia, several elsewhere. Loglanic, Northeast.
>Typology: SVOOOO. Grammar very similar to Lojban but vocabulary quite
>different. National language of Loglandia. Language use is starting to
>decline; most children are bilingual in, and prefer, Lojban.

Most parents, on the other hand, encourage use of the dzebau - but the
lobypli youth are too busy digging themselves out of the collision wreckage.
The mountains which form the border between the two nations are not well
populated, for in the mountains there is no food. As a result, lojban spoken
in Loglandia differs from Lojbanistani lojban dialects.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74