Subject: Re: [lojban] lujvo expander?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 02:48:38 -0400

At 05:41 AM 9/8/01 +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>is there any utility to expand all the lujvo in a text of lojban into
>component gismu (and cmavo)? so "selsku" becomes se cusku and such.
>while it's at it a compound cmavo expander would be nice too,
>so "pare" becomes "pa re". this could be quite useful for people new
>to the language. vlatai, by Richard Curnow, seems pretty close, so i
>might look into that. if something like this doesn't exist i'd be
>glad to do it and make it available.

Nora's glosser (a DOS program) glosses lujvo according to their components 
within a text. But that is the English and not the Lojban 
expansion. brabarda comes out as "big+big" on the gloss line.

She also has a lujvo-making program which I think also gives the English 
gloss for a single Lojban lujvo, but there may be an option to merely 
expand them to components.

See the software area of lojban.org.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org