Subject: RE: [lojban] Antelopes

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:49:57 -0400

>What should we call antelopes? They belong to the family Bovidae (I am not
>including the pronghorn antelope, which is not an antelope despite the
name)
>but several subfamilies. Bovidae also include lo kanba e lo bakni e lo
lanme,
>so it's not obvious what gismu to base a type-3 fu'ivla on. {antilope} is a
>valid type-4, but I'm not sure it's wise to have a word for "antelope"
since
>it doesn't correspond to anything taxonomic.

Base it on bovni. I think you already know my views on fu'ivla, but for
those that don't, I feel they should only be used when necessary, such as
for taxonomy, and that the lower the type the better. Please don't use
.antilope, use bovnrntelopi or whatever for the specific subfamilies - I
dislike type 4s AND think that, as you point out, .antilope is rather
malglico.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74