Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: ce'u

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:13:09 -0400

At 03:23 AM 9/7/01 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
>Adam:
> > la .and. cusku di'e
> >
> > > A fatci is something that is true of the local universe. A ka'e
> > fatci
> > > then is something that could be true of the local universe and a
> > ca'a
> > > fatci is something that actually is true of the local universe.
> > > "X dies before X is born" is not a ka'e fatci. "I live in Paris" is
> > > a ka'e but not a ca'a fatci. "I live in London" is a ka'e and a ca'a
> > > fatci.
> >
> > So 'nu' is to 'fasnu' as 'du'u' is to what?
>
>'bridi'

Actually, historically I think it was dunli, because du'u started as an 
"equation converter" in Mex, converting an mekso "equation" to a sumti as 
part of selma'o LI. This is how it is recorded in the 2/90 cmavo 
list. Possibly after Cowan got involved and redid Mex to exclude the 
"equation" type, or perhaps before, I realized that an equation using du 
was more or less similar to a bridi and decided that the appropriate thing 
was to convert it to a bridi (which later meany moving du to BRIVLA) and 
then have a generalized abstractor that could talk about a bridi in a 
sentence, most especially in the x2 of cusku. Later (possibly from Jorge) 
we distinguished between the bridi and the text that expressed the bridi in 
a particular language which became x2 of du'u and is actually what is used 
now in cusku.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org