Subject: Re: [lojban] kludging a lujvo expander

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:27:46 +0100

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 08:23:44AM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> i looked at richard curnow's jbofi'e and the software on lojban.org's 
> sight, and saw some useful utilities, but nothing that would quickly 
> expand all the lujvos into gismu. so i'm going to try to kludge 

Create a file containing one lujvo per line, and do

vlatai -el < filename

You will get the expansions out in square brackets. Admittedly, it's
then some kind of job for sed or perl to extract these fields. Example:
file containing

jbofi'e
vlatai

spits out

jbofi'e : lujvo : jbofi'e [lojbo+finpe]
vlatai : lujvo : vlatai [valsi+tarmi]

> i think i'll end up doing it as a java function so i can put it into 
> an applet or something later if need be. is anybody else interested 
> in it? since it's so less than elegant i'll probably just end up 
> using it for myself, but i'd be glad to give out the url if i end up 
> putting it out as a web app, or if someone wants the code/bytecode.

Having something that would run as a web-page applet would be a good
thing.

-- 
Richard.
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | C++: n., An octopus made by
Weston-super-Mare, UK | nailing extra legs on a cat.
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |