Subject: Re: [lojban] (from lojban-beginners) pi'e

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:06:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2001 9:42:28 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> The different bases that are being joined are ji'i 1/30 and 1/12. Please note
> that lots of aspects of bases cease to make sense once you go below base 2.
> 
> For example, consider the date {1 pi'e 12 pi'e 2001}. Add one month (pi'e 1)
> to this. You don't get January 1, 2002 - you get {2 pi'e 1 pi'e 2001}, or
> January 2, 2001.
> 
> We say pi'e, but whatever separates those numbers is not pi'e at all.
> 
> The Record which was established on this was before we understood various
> aspects of selma'o PA. 
> 

Well, aside from being lousy at math and history, what else can you tell us 
about yourself? What new has been discovered about PA and where are these 
discoveries published? What is this if not {pi'e}? -- it looks like {pi'e}, 
acts like {pi'e}, and indeed is a paradigm case of {pi'e} in the Book. As 
for the math, you carried wrong, as I assume you know (among other things, 
{pi'e} warns that something weird is likely to happen). You also go the 
bases wrong, since they are way over 2 -- 31 (give or take) and 12, though 
the numerals don't keep up with the numbers.