Subject: Re: [lojban] (from lojban-beginners) pi'e

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:17:04 -0400

At 02:15 PM 9/14/01 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
><I'm surprised that you specifically are expressing such negative views
>about standards, having been embroiled in the failure of JCB to pick a
>standard for Loglan and get it into use, and Lojban Central's decision to
>impose a procrustean baseline for five years. There were very good reasons
>to do that, of which I'm sure you're well aware, and similar considerations
>apply in a lot of technical areas.>

BTW. No one has mentioned one bit of the nitty gritty of this particular 
world standard, but don't most standards insist on 24 hour clock time? Do 
the world standard organizations believe that they will get the world to 
use a 24 hour clock in everyday life? (Note that at one point I tried to 
get Lojbanists to consider a 24 hour clock as an option, but the community 
outvoted me.)

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org