Subject: Re: [lojban] (from lojban-beginners) pi'e

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:15:24 -0700 (PDT)

>BTW. No one has mentioned one bit of the nitty gritty of this particular
>world standard, but don't most standards insist on 24 hour clock time? Do
>the world standard organizations believe that they will get the world to
>use a 24 hour clock in everyday life?

Lojbab, have you ever been to Europe and read the TV listings? Good Lord.

People don't use 24 hours in speech in Europe, but noone uses anything but
in writing. You will not find a shop anywhere on the continent advertising
its opening hours in 12-hour. They *DID* get the world to use a 24 hour
clock in everyday life!

I find this contempt of Standards Bodies utterly incredible. And I still
think it's a libertarian thing. .i zo'e pagbu le danfu .onai le nabmi

>(Note that at one point I tried to
>get Lojbanists to consider a 24 hour clock as an option, but the community
>outvoted me.)

You might want to check the thread starting at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lojban/message/8432

There's been a revote.

And it's affected the Lessons.

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing I REJECT {gumri}
[email-masked] (Lojban Wiki, Resurrected Gismu)