Subject: Re: [lojban] (from lojban-beginners) pi'e

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 20:45:02 -0400

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 05:17:04PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> At 02:15 PM 9/14/01 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> ><I'm surprised that you specifically are expressing such negative views
> >about standards, having been embroiled in the failure of JCB to pick a
> >standard for Loglan and get it into use, and Lojban Central's decision to
> >impose a procrustean baseline for five years. There were very good reasons
> >to do that, of which I'm sure you're well aware, and similar considerations
> >apply in a lot of technical areas.>
> 
> BTW. No one has mentioned one bit of the nitty gritty of this particular 
> world standard, but don't most standards insist on 24 hour clock time? Do 
> the world standard organizations believe that they will get the world to 
> use a 24 hour clock in everyday life? (Note that at one point I tried to 
> get Lojbanists to consider a 24 hour clock as an option, but the community 
> outvoted me.)

How odd. I've never seen the 12-hour clock in any Lojban usage (or even any
method of accomplishing it, without resorting to cmene). The lessons teach
24-hour time, plus 12-hour names for hours, but don't even teach how to specify
minutes in 12-hour time. Which I like.

-- 
la rab.spir
noi sarji zo gumri