Subject: Re: [lojban] black boxes

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:44:59 +0100

My efforts FWIW ...

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:30:04PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> "black box" in English has at least three meanings:
> 1. black box (xekri tanxe)

lo xekri tanxe

> 2. a recorder in an airplane (narju tanxe, some sort of vreji)

lo veizba be fi lo vijdatni

> 3. a device whose internals are unknown.

lo vasru be lo tolsau

There are probably other meanings similar to 1 but for other uses of the
word 'box'. e.g. there might be a piece of equipment used in cricket
which would be a "xekri ke plibu bandu".

-- 
Richard.
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | C++: n., An octopus made by
Weston-super-Mare, UK | nailing extra legs on a cat.
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |