Subject: Re: [lojban] (from lojban-beginners) pi'e

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:55:28 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2001 4:04:17 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Don't be foolish. I was un-Lojbanizing the name, suggesting that there just
> might be someone whose name is similar to the name of a year. The full cmene
> was {pavosorenanc}, which I split up into two words (much like I called 
> myself
> {la rabspir.} before I knew that {bs} wasn't allowed).
> 

I wish you'd mentioned that you were unlojbanizing, since the rest was 
lojbanized, I asssume dthat this was meant to be too. Someone with a name 
like that would, of course, in Lojban, have a quite distinctive name, which 
was my point -- also rather obliquely. That is, {paVOson REnanc} is not 
likely to be confused with {pavosoREnanc} -- or it should not be. The use 
with {ca} or {ca'o} or whatever time operator you use would also count 
against this (though it could mean "during the lifetime of" apparently). I 
still don't see the point, unless it is just that using year names is yucky, 
which I agree with (for all they are convenient).