Subject: RE: [lojban] META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 16:16:16 -0400

>> An example of something that took me ages to understand : xod no longer
>> signs his emails so and doesn't have xod in his address ; how's a
newcomer
>> supposed to work out who is referred to in the sentence "xod said...".
>> Another thing... it took me a month to work out that pycyn was lojban for
>> PC - who's name I eventually found in the reference grammar. This is NOT
>> your fault but it should give you an idea of how complicated life is...

>Sorry. I'm xod! I think the only recourse is to ask, as you have.

I figured it out from the fact that all the things attributed to "xod", if I
searched my inbox, turned out to be from "Invent Yourself" - where does that
name come from, anyway?

PS: the word Glork comes from the phrase 'Glorked from context', which in
turn is out of the sentence "This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish
English flutzpahs, but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context."

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74

(since you've been out of the loop, I should explain that this means "pgp
public key ID," and that the quote was originally "If it takes all the
future, we'll live through the past/If the phone doesn't ring, it's me," out
of a song by Jimmy Buffett)