Subject: RE: [lojban] META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:26:06 +0100

kreig:
#>> I'm also puzzled by Nick (who, if I've got it right has spent
#>> one hell of a lot of time learning lojban) having views such as lojban
never
#>> succeeding, rafsi not being a good idea and ... what else?
#>Perhaps I should look more closely at what Nick says. I don't especially
#>remember him saying that, and thought that I agreed with him on most things
#>(but not gumri) :)
#>That sounds like the sort of thing And would say, though.
#
#I think nitcion's done with the learning part - he's writing lessons now!
#And, is an avid conlanger who manages to be a hardiner while still
#tinkering; that's my sense at least.

Is that comma after "And" supposed to be there, or is it a typo? (The
punctuation makes it look like you're talking about Nick.)

#>>I'm not quite sure where my beliefs fall. Perhaps "reluctant hardliner"
would
#>>describe it. I don't like to see certain words having unclear meanings,
but I
#>>also don't like ugliness (it took me a long time to accept {ce'u}, and
#>>{no'axiro} still pains me). Additionally, I respect the baseline, but that
#>>doesn't mean I _like_ the baseline.
#
#Somewhere on the wiki, someone pointed out that respect for the baseline is
#like respect for the law - one respects it without necessarily agreeeing
#with it.

That was me. And it expresses my view too.

#I think it's also in his address - [email-masked], which makes me wonder
#who his six girls are. 

I originally supposed xod was one of the six girls, until I heard that "Xod
has said that *he* will speak only Lojban at Logfest" -- it wasn't so implausible,
because xod is less geeky and techy and logically analistic than most other
bigtime participants on the list; ergo, xod could have been female.

#I'm actually wondering if we need a new gismu (WARNING: SARCASM AHEAD):
#"besto" - x1 is an asbestos suit (metaphorically) worn by x2 over e-mail x3,
#disagreed with by x4 for obvious reason x5

LOL -- stick it on wiki with other unofficial gismu! Definitely part of Lojbo
culture. (Mind you, in 10 years of Lojban list the only time I remember
anyone losing their rag was Robin CA with pc, because pc was dissing
Robin's hard labours, iirc. But that just goes to show that our besto are
worn as naturally as a second skin...]

--And.