Subject: RE: [lojban] META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:25:13 -0700 (PDT)

cu'u la kreig.

>Then may I call your attention to my first post, when I was having trouble
>with my articles? It evolved within one response into an argument about zo'u
>that I still don't understand!

That doesn't mean the argument should not have happened, but simply that
you should not have been exposed to it as the first Lojban you saw. In
that regard, the beginners' list is now working.

>>A revolutionary tool, being programmed by John Cowan, which supposedly
>>will allow us to argue much more efficiently.

>The one part I understand is that it will give us the final consensus before
>we have agreed on it, or some such.

Since I've appointed myself Elephant evangelist, I have to correct this.
The Elephant is like a Wiki, but it has a strict tree structure. That way,
you can actually *find* what people have said about things: people can
only post issues ("What is the meaning of fa'a?"), positions ("The meaning
of fa'a is X") and arguments ("The meaning of fa'a should be X because
Y".) So even if there is *no* final consensus, there is still a document
of record people can easily peruse.

>I think nitcion's done with the learning part - he's writing lessons now!

One is never done learning Lojban. That should be plenty clear by now,
especially with me. :-)

Like the quotation of Solon I got in primary school says: ge:rasko: aei
didaskomenos --- .i mi tolcitybi'o gi'ecabo ca'o se ctuca

--
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Nick Nicholas, Breathing I REJECT {gumri}
[email-masked] (Lojban Wiki, Resurrected Gismu)