Subject: Re: [lojban] META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:08:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Jorge Llambias wrote:

>
> la xod cusku di'e
>
> >But there is no pe'a needed. Since daplu2 and 3 are unspecified,
> >virtually everything is a daplu in one sense or another. daplu is much
> >broader than "island", which means by default le daplu be lo'e tumla bei
> >lo'e djacu
>
> So you are saying that {no prenu cu daplu} does not work at all
> as a metaphor, because it is literally false in Lojban?

It's literally true in some senses, and literally false in others,
depending on daplu2 and daplu3. I do think that in the context of a
paragraph it makes total sense, needing no pe'a or similar apology. (There
really is this amazing tendency in the community to treat Lojban as a form
of Fortran!)

It could be clearer as no prenu cu daplu le kamjikca xamsi, but that might
induce another week of cries from the peanut gallery of robots.

-----
Sami ul-Haq, Osama bin Laden's closest friend in Pakistan, runs the
"University for the Education of Truth," a fundamentalist institution that
educated and trained nine out of the Taliban's top 10 leaders.