Subject: Re: META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 03:46:41 -0000

la lojbab cusku di'e

> >I have, though, seen one indication of zipfing down of lujvo:
> >
> > tilju x1 is a pedant [Adjective pedantic] (This was made by 
> > shortening the
> > lujvo tilju'edu'u, which is perhaps the most 'proper' word 
for this 
> > concept)
> >
> >http://nuzban.wiw.org/wiki/index.php?Slang%20gismu
> 
> That is a suggested slang term. Has it actually seen usage? 

The lujvo was actually {tilju'idu'a}. I can't imagine how
{tilju'edu'u} could possibly mean "pedant". {tilju'edu'u}
might mean something like "wikiphobe". Yet another proof
that rafsi are packed too tight.

That meaning of {tilju} has seen usage, it was created during 
usage (by tsali?) and only for the moment. I was there, during 
an irc conversation. The lujvo was mine. In any case, nobody 
proposed that it should ever be used again. 

mu'o mi'e xorxes