Subject: OFFTOPIC: Wiki.pm

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:17:50 -0400

As part of the Elephant project, I have written a Wiki-markup
to HTML interpreter in Perl, used thus:

use Wiki;
$/ = undef;
my $text = <>;
my $html = Wiki::interpret($text)

All the usual Wiki conventions (except links that are not in
square brackets, like freestanding URLs and WikiWords) are
supported. The generated HTML is valid XHTML, provided
you wrap it in "<doctype html ...><html><head><title/></head><body>"
and "</body></html>".

This is Open Source (BSD) code. It would be easy to translate to
any other language with a decent regular expression package.

Drop me a line if you want the code.

-- 
Not to perambulate || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
the corridors || http://www.reutershealth.com
during the hours of repose || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
in the boots of ascension. \\ Sign in Austrian ski-resort hotel