Subject: Broken phone

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:02:47 +0200

I found a "Broken phone" text on lojban.org. I thought we could start
another round, any takers?

<for those of you that haven't a clue what I'm talking about:>
The idea is to find a list of participants and a "moderator" who takes a
text, translates it into lojban, sends it to the first on the list ; who
translates it into some other language and sends it both to the next (who
speaks the same language) and to the moderator; by the time the text has
been translated a dozen times into and out of lojban, it usually ends up
somewhat distorted
</end of very poor explantion>

Gregory Dyke,
fluent: English, French
enough: German (Lojban a'o)
--

"I have a proposal for the international community:
help us build an execution block ; then we will be able to use our stadium
for playing football"
*the afghani foreign minister*

"Last night's speech [by Bush, 20/9/01] was one of the great speeches of the
English language"
*some official bootlicker*