Subject: Re: META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:54:26 -0700

>.i mu'i le nu do ju'o sinma le nu le
>bangu gerna na cenba kei kei mi birti le du'u do zanru le nu le di'u
>se cusku be do na drani

*checks grammar*

Damn. You got me.

I was about to fulminate "what a dumbass grammar rule", but the worst of it
is, no, it's an eminently sensible grammar rule: --- you do want to be able
to say {ci .a vo prenu}. (Though I'd completely forgotten that you could.)

The thing about {li 20 .enai li 18}, of course, is that it *would* be
correct... if Lojban wasn't LALR1. A human knows, since .enai is followed
by {li}, what is being joined. And of course, I never liked LALR1 for a
human language, which is why I also don't like {ku joi}.

But yes, Adam, {le jufra pe mi cu jai se srera}. Mpf.

Nick Nicholas, UCI, USA. [email-masked]
http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis
"Must I, then, be the only one to be beheaded now?" "Why, did you want
everybody to be beheaded for your consolation?" Epictetus, Discourses 1.1.