Subject: ko'a

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:18:47 +0200

coi rodo

How long does ko'a keep the same value? If I introduce {le brode goi ko'a}
and later say {le broda goi ko'a}, can it be assumed that the most likely
meaning is {ko'a brode je broda}. To *humanly* reinforce that meaning, I
might choose the second to be {ko'a goi le broda} ; but both in theory have
the same semantic meaning.

The reason that I asked this was for the translation of Hamlet, 1:1 (see
lojban-beginners, [hamlet] .e [hamlet remoi pagbu]), where Horatio talks
about "this thing" which Barnardo later refers to as " 'tis (but our
fantasy)". Unfortunately Horatio did not deign to add a {goi ko'a}. Can I
say [it-1 is but our fantasy] and then go on to say [dreaded sight goi
it-1] .e [it-1 goi apparition], with the it-1's all referring to the same
it?

mi'e greg
--

"I have a proposal for the international community:
help us build an execution block ; then we will be able to use our stadium
for playing football"
*the afghani foreign minister*

"Last night's speech [by Bush, 20/9/01] was one of the great speeches of the
English language"
*some official bootlicker*