Subject: Re: [lojban] META : Who is everyone (and what are they saying)

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:10:56 +0100

Adding new cmavo to existing selma'o is a relatively simple change in
jbofi'e. Adding new selma'o would presumably involve adding new grammar
rules (else why would you need them) - the complexity would vary on a
case-by-case basis. Also there are parts of the 'back-end' (e.g.
working out which terms are which arguments of each selbri) which have a
lot of grammatical structure hard-coded in.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:41:27PM -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> At 12:31 PM 9/20/01 +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> 
> >Either that or
> >we encourage people to experiment with using their own zipfing experimental
> >cmavo, possibly with concomitant grammar changes, and then see which
> >experimentals catch on.
> 
> Experimental cmavo have no defined grammar, so using them is not a "grammar 
> change". However you have to be skilled enough at the language to be able 
> to communicate without having a jbofi'e to parse and translate your 
> experiments, since jbofi'e won't likely be able to incorporate all of them 
> even if Curnow wanted to try (some might not pass LALR1)

-- 
Richard.
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | C++: n., An octopus made by
Weston-super-Mare, UK | nailing extra legs on a cat.
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |